Joined: 07 Aug 2013
Location: Duns, Berwickshire
|Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:29 pm Post subject: 2nd Lieut Thomas M Miller - Eyemouth Parish Church
MILLER, THOMAS MURRAY
Date of Death:27/01/1916
Regiment/Service:King's Own Scottish Borderers
CemeteryMAZINGARBE COMMUNAL CEMETERY
Son of the Rev. and Mrs. John Miller, of the United Free Church Manse, Eyemouth, Berwickshire.
Firstname Thomas Murray
Date Death 27/01/1916
Place of birth
Other 7th Bn.
SNWM roll THE KING'S OWN SCOTTISH BORDERERS
Rank T/2nd Lieut
Theatre of death Unknown
Remembering the son of the Free Church minister.
Eyemouth Free Church opened in 1879, and became United Free in 1900.
It became Church of Scotland at the Reunion of 1929, as St John's.
It united with Eyemouth Old on 5th October 1954, as Eyemouth.
Services ceased at the Old church in 1966 (it is now the local Museum).
So, quite unusually, the Free Church building is now the Parish Church.