Joined: 13 Dec 2016
|Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:08 pm Post subject: Dalwhinnie Church (Former)
|As well as the Civic Memorial in Dalwhinnie it has now been found that the former Dalwhinnie Church had a WW1 Brass Plaque. This was unveiled in 1920, so well preceded the Civic Memorial.
On closure of the Church the Plaque was moved to the Village Hall where it remains
WMR Report 79820 refers, which has images
The names are the same as on the Civic Memorial, which makes a refreshing change!!
1914 - (crossed flags) - 1919 / To the Glory of God / and in loving memory of / OFFICERS, NON_COMMISSIONED OFFICERS / AND MEN OFTHE DALWHINNIE DISTRICT / WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE IN / THE GREAT WAR. /
Captain M C Albright Worcestershire Yeomanry
2nd Lieut A H Dunlop Ayrshire Yeomanry
Captain P C McRae MA MB ChB 67th B'de RFA
2nd Lieut W G R McLennan 1/5th Border Regt
Sergt J S Crail 15th Royal Scots
LCpl D Campbell 1st Cameron Hdrs
Pte A Cameron 1/4th " "
Pte C J Campbell 1/4th " "
Pte L Kennedy 1/4th " "
Pte A MacKenzie 5th " "
Pte W Mellis 5th " "
Pte A H Kennedy 6th " "
Pte C Betts 6th " "
Pte D McCook 3/1st Lovat Scouts