Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Location: East Kilbride
|Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:20 pm Post subject: North Kelvinside United Free Church WW2
|North Kelvinside United Free Church.
A secession church parish. It began as a United Presbyterian mission in 1892, and was formed into a congregation in 1894. It passed to the United Free Church in 1900 and to the Church of Scotland in 1929.
The memorials are now housed in the Vestry of Ruchill Parish Church, Shakespeare Street, Maryhill, Glasgow.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN GRATEFUL REMEMBRANCE
OF THE MEMBERS AND ADHERENTS OF THIS CONGREGATION
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE WAR 1939 – 1945
David B. Calder
Allan G. Lauchlan
Robert B. Sellars
Robert H. Stevenson