Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Location: coupar angus
|Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 am Post subject: RHYND PARISH
|Kinross Advertiser of 5th July 1924 states that a handsome lectern was presented to Rhynd Church by JMoncrieff Wright of Kinmonth as a war memorial for the parish.
Names listed were:
John Macdonald both sons of Peter and Mrs Macdonald,Manse Cottage
George Scrimgeour son of Alex&Mrs Scrimgeour,The Old Manse
Matthew Aitkenhead Leggatt Wester Rhynd
All four are listed on the Dunbarney Memorial
This church was converted into a private house some years ago so who knows where the Lectern is now-possibly Dunbarney Church or one of the Perth churches?